Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fucking Slash Writer = Prick

It seems autoaim@autoaim.org is writing m/m slash stories from my characters, and I think this is one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen done. Pisses me off when they do this to J.K. Rowling or when they do it to other authors. I know what Larry Niven goes through when someone creates a slash story. I hate those kind of "writers" to begin with. The son of a bitch stole a character I wrote in 2006 and I am doing a new story featuring some of his short works. The new characters are making cameos in this new story I am working on.
          Looks that someone got a little mad at my rant I did earlier. If you were an author and published with a few stories, then some asshole comes on stealing your characters to make them into something they were never intended to be would you be a little pissed? Think about that one long and hard when you respond to this, I would love to imagine if Brian Knight was to find out his characters were stolen for that nature -- he'd respond the same way; but I think the fucker would think it is amusing because he steals people's photographs and doctors them up to put a penis on the middle finger.
          What he did with one of my characters is right there with what some asshole had thought of doing -- writing one of those Real Person fic stories and doing that to myself and my son. I call someone like that a fucker; what makes it worst that someone actually decided for their own amusement to steal my article. If someone wants to get into the realm of writing fiction, be original and create your own characters. If you're going to do stories of other writers works at least make sure they're in public doman. Look at the controversy called Another Hope, this is one reason to say if you're going to be an author do original works.
          You want to get mad at someone, get mad at her. At least when I did this kind of stuff it was in the public domain (but I like doing more scarier stuff with my own creations. I just did a story with a public domain character once. Those are the authors I sometimes seek for publication, if they can do well with a public domain character -- I will ask if they have stuff with their own characters.) If you're a m/m or f/f type slash writer, don't even bother sending your work.
          When I come up with stories to write, they're my own ideas and my own characters. I've done this for years -- and the exception to the rule being a public domain character or two. My advice for Lori Jareo; if you're going to be a writer and get published -- don't rip off Lucas! As a science fiction author, I am royally pissed at this lady for trying that stunt. I struggled long to even get my fiction published, and for this idiot to publish something that is a complete plagiarism. Those of you who want to get pissed off at someone, get pissed off at her. This asshole who thought it was amuzing to "borrow" Nicholas Kane should take their time to talk to the asshat who wrote Anthor Hope.